Graham spent part of the weekend erecting a temporary fence around the "mud patch" in the backyard, with the idea that it would keep the dogs out and allow some grass to grow. I got home yesterday to find 2 barking dogs locked "inside" the fence with no way out. How did they get in? I suspect they took a flying leap off the top of the spa pool!
Trying to coax out 2 frantic boys took endless patience and quite some time! Needless to say, I ended up jumping the fence myself (ah, gives the impression I have some zip in me, when really I hobbled over it with great difficulty & pain in my back). Short of squeezing behind the bunny cage myself, I tried to show the canines how to get out, with no luck. Jump the fence? No way. Under the fence? Uh-uh.
Giving up, I decided to leave them there and carry on with my day. Moments later Milo came bounding through. Hooray! Assuming he had come around the back of the rabbit cage like I had shown him, I went back outside to try the same with Harry. He stood there, looked at me and barked. And barked...
Finally I got him to stand on his hind legs on his side of the fence, while I held his front paws on my side of the fence, then lowered those front legs to the ground. He managed to scramble his back legs over eventually. Great, all sorted - hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't try that again in a hurry!
Mmm...Graham found Milo stuck behind the fence again this morning.
Then...I found Harry stuck behind the fence again.
I'm thinking this temporary fence was not such a great idea. It's not actually doing the job it was designed for, and the barking is driving me insane! Sorry Graham, I think it's gotta go!

No comments:
Post a Comment